Plant based // Gluten Free // Zero Waste // Season: winter, spring // Reheats well
Want dessert for breakfast instead? That’s cool, you can with this healthy raw, plant based summer fruit swirl ‘cheesecake’!
- 220 g flaxseeds
- 600 ml Almond Milk or coconut milk + extra to serve
- 1 Tbsp raw honey or maple syrup (optional)
- 1 vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 rhubarb stalks (leafy ends removed, chopped into 1-2cm pieces)
- 3 Tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 apple of any kind, diced
- 3cm ginger, peeled and dices
- Place the flaxseeds in a saucepan with the milk, sweetener (if using) and vanilla seeds. Mix well and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover with a lid and simmer, stirring occasionally to prevent the porridge from sticking to the bottom of the pan, for 3 minutes, or until the porridge is light and fluffy.
- Allow to cool a little before stirring in the cinnamon.
- Spoon the porridge into two bowls and scatter over the berries. Serve with some extra almond milk on the side.