I love this pillow spray. Use a second hand or recycled spray bottle to make it zero waste.
You can adapt it to your liking, using one or a mix of various oils. Mine is a mix of patchoulli, lavendar, ylang ylang and bergamont. Other relaxing oils include sandalwood, cedarwood, frankincense and marjoram.
It is so easy and will take you one minute to make. I love spraying mine before sleep, it helps me wind down and signals my mind that it’s time for rest.
I have really been working on making my bedroom more peaceful lately. I used to have a TV in my room and heaps of furniture. I think this prohibited relaxation and made me feel cluttered. I now only have a lamp, bedside table, bed and three plants. Read about the benefits of having plants indoors and which work best in my post here. Having minimal furniture makes cleaning easy and stops you from placing decorative items around the room. This spray takes the cake and makes my room a true relaxation haven! I also use it as a perfume sometimes!
DIY Essential Oil Sleep Well Pillow Spray
- 24 drops organic essential oil (I just bought a relaxing blend of essential oils, if mixing your own try 4 drops ylang ylang, 12 drops lavendar, 8 drops bergamont)
- 1/2 tsp vodka (works as a carrier for the oil)
- distilled water
- Put the vodka and essential oils into the glass spray bottle and swirl the bottle to combine.
- Fill the bottle with water until almost full, leaving room for the lid. Cap the spray bottle, and shake well to combine.
- To use the spray, lightly mist a pillow a few minutes before bedtime. Be sure to shake the bottle well before each use.
What are your favourite essential oils for relaxation or sleep? Comment below! I’d love some recommendations!