Plant based // Gluten Free // Zero Waste // Season: summer
A fan of raw desserts? Try this summer fruit swirl ‘cheesecake’ instead!
Strawberry Chocolate Tart
Write a review
- For the crust
- 1½ cups (144g) almond flour
- ¼ cup (21g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup (50g) coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon (20g) pure maple syrup
- Pinch of kosher salt
- For the filling
- ½ cup (114g) canned full-fat coconut milk
- 6 oz. (170g) bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sweetener of choice (honey, agave, maple syrup, etc)
- For the top
- 2 cups (240g) fresh strawberies
- Lightly grease a 9-inch pan with a removable bottom with coconut oil.
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the crust and stir together. Press evenly into the prepared tart pan; set aside.
- Place finely chopped chocolate in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring coconut milk just to a boil. Pour hot coconut milk over chocolate and let stand 1 minute, then stir until smooth and creamy. Stir in sweetener. Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
- Garnish the top with strawberries.
- Place tart in the refrigerator to set and cool completely, about 1-2 hours. Slice and serve.
- Store all leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.