Plant based // Gluten Free // Raw // Zero Waste // Season: summer
Remember to take photos of any recipes you make and tag @sustainable.simply! I’d love to see your creations!
Summer fruit swirl 'cheesecake'
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- <3 tablespoons water
- 3 cups raw cashews (soaked for >3 more in cold water or >15 minutes in boiling water)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup, agave nectar or honey (not vegan)
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 fresh passionfruits
- Coconut flakes
- Passionfruit curd
- Fresh blueberries and strawberries
- Soak cashews for 3 hours or more in cold water or 15 minutes or more in boiling water (not raw)
- Grease a spring form pan with coconut oil (I used a 9")
- In a food processor, pulse all the nuts until a fine grind.
- Add in the dates and continue mixing until crumbs form.
- Add water and continue mixing until the mixture starts to stick.
- Turn off mixer, and scoop out into the bottom of a spring-form baking pan, firmly and evenly. Use the bottom of a cup or mug to press.
- Set aside in the freezer.
- Combine all of the filling ingredients in a food processor until a creamy.
- Divide mixture into thirds leaving one third in the processor and the putting the other two thirs in a bowl each
- Add the passionfruit curd and blend until the colour is mixed through then set aside in a bowl and clean food processor
- Repeat with the second third using the strawberries
- Repeat once more with the blueberries
- Remove the base from the freezer
- Pour a bit of each filling over the base one at a time until full. I did this three times and poured each mixture randomly so the colours mixed.
- Once full with mixture, run the end of a knife or spoon through the mixture to form swirls
- Tap the pan on the bench a few times to remove any bubbles
- Set in freezer for at least five hours or overnight
- Remove from pan and add toppings
- You can keep this in the freezer for months if you like! Simply cut it all at once and place the pieces you don't eat back in the freezer and thaw as needed.
Adapted from Pure Ella
Adapted from Pure Ella
Daisy Goodwin https://sustainablesimply.com/